Friday, February 17, 2012

Magazine & Cereal Box Brooch


Paper Brooch

I created this brooch from magazine pages. I used a 1 5/8" punch to cut out the circles. I glued the circles together so that they created a fan effect. I used a piece of cereal box for the base of the brooch. I think recycling is important. This was an easy way to create something pretty out of a discarded magazine. You could use advertisements and junk mail also. So many possibilities!

I used only green images for this brooch so that I could enter the "glorious green" challenge going on at Gingersnap Creations. I embellished the center of my brooch with mini green seed beads. They are one of my favorite embellishments. I am entering this brooch in the "favorite embellishment" challenge at Little Darlings.

Check out the artwork on the above listed sites. You will be happy you did!

1 comment:

sara said...

fab creation love how you recycled thanks so much for joining us at little darlings this week
hugs sara x x