Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Skull Necklace - Paper Pendant


This skull cameo on a bowtie paper pendant necklace was handcrafted using a technique that I have developed. I call my paper jewelry creations Gypsy Paper Trinkets.

Gypsy Paper Trinkets are made from re-purposed paper. Layers of paper are transformed into wearable art using a technique that I have developed. They are textural and pliable, not completely glued flat like chipboard. Held sideways, you can count the layers of paper used as the base of the trinket. Designs are sealed for durability and moisture resistance.

This necklace comes with a 22" gold-tone chain and a spring ring clasp closure. The bow tie skull pendant measures 3" x 1.75". The skull is a digital stamp from Smeared Ink. The pendant is embellished with six golden rhinestones.

This necklace is listed in my Etsy Store.

See my blog for a tutorial on how to create layered paper jewelry of your own design.

No comments: