Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tuesday Alchemy DT - #37

TUESDAY ALCHEMY
CHALLENGE #37

The Tuesday Alchemy Challenge this week is to create a project using a random word...and the random words are bath, duct tape and sparrow. Please check out the site for challenge rules and prizes.


For my DT piece this challenge, I created a tile pendant. I used a vintage image from the Graphics Fairy. The site is a bounty of free images for crafters to use. Check it out!

The tile is from the home improvement store. It came on a 12X12 piece of rectangular white and black square tiles. I don't know if is meant for walls or floors. The tiles are about the size of a domino and work wonderfully for jewelry. 

After sizing and printing the image on presentation paper, I applied two coats of varnish with a sponge. Once dry, I pressed the paper onto two sided tacky paper and then cut out the size I needed to fit my tile. I then exposed the tacky side and carefully placed my image onto the tile. I used a bone folder to press all the edges down. I added some seed beads for dimension and interest. 

Luckily I had a piece of DP that worked perfectly to display the song sparrow pendant. I hope you have been inspired to choose one the of the random words and get busy creating. 

I am entering this pendant in the following challenges:

Inky Impressions - #81 no cards
DYSU - #94 vintage
Poodles Parlour - anything goes
One Stop Craft - #201 anything goes

~chasing paper whims~ wendy

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Omg!!Such a beautiful card! Love the glitter and the gorgeous details! have a fabby day! Hugs and sunshine

WencheP said...

Beautiful card. Love the bird - so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

besitos said...

Really beautiful. Very elegant :) x

Saumya said...

its beautiful wendy....:)

Denise said...

Beautiful creation.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Jules said...

I love your card it is awesome. Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge. Good Luck xoxoxo

~ Barb said...

What a great project, so very creative! That paper is so perfect. Thank-you so much for sharing with us at The Poodles Parlour!
{Hugs} Barb, DT