Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Vintage Glove Pendant Necklace







This vintage and steampunk inspired pendant is made from an altered glass tile from the home improvement store. The tile was painted with red, pink and orange acrylic paints. The antique key image is rubber stamped onto the pendant with permanent ink. I sealed the piece with water based varnish. I attached a plastic vintage glove with glossy accents as my glue.

The tile measures 1 7/8 x 1/2 inches. A black painted metal nut is attached as a bail. I used glossy accents as my glue. First attaching the nut and letting the glue dry overnight. The next day I added more glossy accents around the base of the nut to reinforce the hold.  A tattered scrap of  black tulle is tied around the bail.

The pendant is strung on a 24" steel colored ball chain. I like this type of chain because it can be cut with scissors if you want to shorten it.

♥ Wendy


5 comments:

Laura S Reading said...

I really like this. I did not guess the hand was plastic.
May I ask how you attached the bail?

Matney said...

Ohhh!! I need to get some of those tiles and try something. Great idea w/ the chain and love the color and glove.

Wendy said...

I use Ranger Glossy Accents as my glue for all my jewelry. I used a dab to glue the metal nut to the top of the file. Let it dry overnight. Then use the GA all around the base of the nut and let it dry. That really reinforced the bond. It dries hard and clear so don't be too worried about it looking messy. Good luck...

Ellis said...

Beautiful pendant you made, you all make me want to try to do a lot of new things now! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Lyneen said...

AWESOME!!!!!